Running in New Orleans (RINO) is a Dungeon World Hack for Shadowrun, the awesome cyberpunk-meets-magic tabletop roleplaying game.
Dungeon World is the property of Sage LaTorra and Adam Koebel, and is available under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License. See www.dungeon-world.com for details.
The Topps Company, Inc. has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. See www.shadowrun.com for details.
This is an unofficial work of a long-time fan, created and distributed free of charge as a promotion of the Shadowrun universe. You can buy official game products here: http://www.shadowruntabletop.com/products/
Update 12 of this ruleset for Shadowrun is out!
This is a game balance update and a content release. Lots of little changes and big changes.
To date, RINO features:
- 15 playable races (Human, Elf, Dwarf, Ork, Troll, Shapeshifter, Pixie, Centaur, Ghoul, AI, Giant, Vampire, Changeling, Free Spirit and Dragon)
- 11 playable archetypes (Techie, Bodyguard, Mercenary, Face, Street Samurai, Sorcerer, Conjurer, Adept, Initiate, Fixer and Prototype Weapon)
- Ability to mix and match moves from different archetypes (classless system)
- Custom weapons, vehicles, spells
- Fast Dungeon World-inspired rules for physical combat, cinematic car chases and Matrix.
As always, looking for player feedback.
- New Playable Race: Dragon
- New Playable Archetype: Fixer
- Healing nerfs across the board, except for ghouls, shapeshifters and vampires
- Bodyguard moves now have the Tech Dice option
- Bodyguard: Get Down Mr. President (minor edit)
- Bodyguard: Certified EMT (actually buffed relative to everything else)
- New Move: Bodyguard: Respect My Authority
- New Move: Initiate: Extra Chunky Salsa
- New Move: Initiate: Great Form Spirit
- Initiate: Alchemy and Enchanting work together now.
- New Move: Mercenary: Steady Hands
- Conjurer: Summon a Spirit reworked significantly.
- Sorcerer: Find Your Center (reworded)
- Sorcerer: Healing Hands (nerfed)
- Sorcerer: Ritual Sorcery nerfed: causes double drain now.
- Sorcerer: Ritual Sorcery is also buffed: only one of the participants needs to know the spell.
- New Gun: “Little Friend”, because such a thing exists in real life :)
- New Move: Adept: Social Chameleon
- New Move: Adept: Traceless Walk
- New Move: Samurai: Warrior Poet
- New Move: Samurai: Honor Challenge
- Common Moves: First Aid (nerfed)
- Character sheets, spells and common moves are now available as individual pages in PNG format for single-page printing.
- New artwork in the main document.
- Everything is contained in a single zip file.
This material is free for your use. PDFs are meant to be printed. You may also comment in the living document if you notice something odd or disagree with the rules as written.
For mobile users, direct links to PDFs:
PDF of CHARACTER SHEETS and character generation handouts
PDF of the RULE BOOK, including table of contents and expanded gear section (106 pages)
Living Google Doc of the same rule book (for comments, not printing)